Network performance optimisation
Network performance optimisation
As you strive to increase the value of IT in your organisation, you're adding new technologies and applications to your environment ... often to the detriment of your network's performance.
Performance optimisation can help by accelerating application delivery and thereby improving end user experience. These technology solutions include WAN optimisation, application delivery and network performance management strategies. The primary objectives are speed and availability, irrespective of where the applications reside or the users connect from.
Data centre consolidation, modernisation and virtualisation affect traffic patterns on the WAN, and poorly designed networks can cause application bottlenecks and delays. Since most networks can't distinguish between web applications and web 'surfing', business-critical data is treated just like other low-priority data.
Convergence also adds pressure. Networks are increasingly transporting more data, voice and video, when many were designed for data only. Lack of bandwidth, latency, jitter and packet loss significantly undermine the effectiveness of your unified communications applications. At the same time, your employees are more mobile than ever, demanding high-speed access to applications from anywhere, using any device.
Our approach to performance optimisation takes and end-to-end view of performance and offers a range of best practice solutions that help you accelerate and optimise access to applications.
We'll help you design a performance strategy, processes and measurement that takes all the various technology options into account:
- bandwidth management – reserving and allocating appropriate bandwidth for business-critical application data versus low priority and recreational traffic
- protocol acceleration and optimisation – making TCP/IP more efficient for applications delivered over WANs
- accelerated file services – improving the efficiencies of typically 'chatty' file and data protocols designed for LANs
- compression – reducing the amount of traffic transmitted over the network without losing the original content, which is then reconstituted at the destination
- caching – storing data that has been transmitted via a WAN link locally, then serving it from the local cache
- content management – controlling unsolicited and rogue traffic which can consume large percentages of corporate bandwidth
- offload services – providing TCP, SSL and XML offload capabilities to free up CPU cycles on the application servers, as well as allow for control of encrypted traffic
- server load balancing – spreading the work, or load, between two or more application servers, leading to higher levels of reliability, redundancy, predictability and improved scaling of applications.
What we Offer
NGXSYS provides an end-to-end approach to help you achieve the maximum benefits from the performance optimisation solutions delivered.
- Our Network Optimisation Assessment helps you gain a detailed understanding of your current network traffic patterns. This assists in pinpointing areas of the network that will benefit most from a performance optimisation solution.
- We provide network architecture and design services to help you plan for, and manage, the performance of your network with cost, risk and agility in mind.
We can also help you with the following related solutions:
- Networking: we help you plan, building, deploying and managing a corporate network that's flexible, tailored to your communication needs, compliant with regulations and corporate governance, and aligned with industry standards.
- Data centres: we ensure your data centre delivers business services faster, more efficiently and more securely while accommodating storage, virtualisation and sustainability requirements.
- Cloud computing : we provide developer- and enterprise IT-friendly cloud servi